Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lenovo's Yoga Book is still a great tablet — and it still has issues

The Lenovo Yoga Book is a fantastic Windows 10 tablet, but it launched with some significant issues. Several months later, we looked back to see if those problems were fixed.

In my original review of the Lenovo Yoga Book, I called it one of my favorite Windows 10 tablets ever. It's a sleek, ultra-thin, incredibly light and beautiful 10.1-inch device that I simply adore, if only because of its futuristic "Halo Keyboard" that makes you feel like you're in an episode of Black Mirror.

But the Yoga Book wasn't without issues, as I noted in my review several months ago. Things such as sleep issues, oddities with the trackpad and being unable to change certain settings made for a frustrating experience. So, several months later, have things improved? 

A look back

I've been using the Lenovo Yoga Book continuously since I reviewed it. I use it almost daily for light web browsing and email. It's worth noting that I have installed the latest drivers, and even reinstalled Windows entirely since that review, just to make sure I'm getting the very latest available drivers.

Oddly, the dedicated program that checks for updated drivers doesn't work. It just errors out when attempting to look and download the newest drivers. This is super annoying, and it means I have to manually download and install all the drivers from Lenovo's confusing website. After about an hour, I recently had all the drivers installed and ready to go, so what changed?



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2lP4OLD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment