Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What happened to all the small, premium Windows 10 tablets?

After spending a few weeks looking for a new, premium eight-inch Windows 10 tablet, we realized there simply aren't any. So where did they all go?

During the last few weeks, I've been in the market for a premium eight-inch Windows 10 tablet with pen support that's good for notetaking, entertainment consumption, web browsing and email. To my dismay, it appears nobody is making these tablets. Not two years ago, the market was full of new, small Windows tablets running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. In 2017, I can't find a single one that's on sale "new" from OEMs.

No more high-end eight-inch Windows tablets

If I search for "8-inch Windows 10 tablet" on Amazon, I see a list of eight-inch Windows 10 tablets from lesser-known manufacturers, who are building cheap, low-powered tablets. I don't see Dell. I don't see HP, and I don't see any of the "big name" manufacturers. Instead, I see low-quality options from Linx, Teclast, NuVision, and CHUWI, with the only big name on that list being Acer with the Iconia W8.

Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 10



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2tltVsJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment