Friday, January 27, 2017

Using an iPhone in the Microsoft ecosystem

Is it possible to comfortably use an iPhone while living entirely in the Microsoft ecosystem?

People ask me this every day, likely because they no longer want to suffer on the buggy and app-starved platform that is #Windows 10 Mobile. Most of the people still using Windows phone do so because they're 100 percent in on the Microsoft ecosystem, and they think that leaving the mobile platform will put them at a disadvantage.

I'm one of those people who are all in on the Microsoft ecosystem, so much so I refuse to leave Windows phone. In my mind, to truly experience an ecosystem, you must use the hardware, software and services. Of course, that's not always true, but it's how I've always thought being in one specific ecosystem should be.

Now I'm not talking about the people who just use Windows along with Google Apps for documents and DropBox for cloud storage. If you're a user in that case, then switching to an iPhone will be easy. I'm talking about the people who use OneDrive, Windows 10, Outlook, Office, and basically every Microsoft software and service under the sun. So is switching to an iPhone as a full-time Microsoft user a good idea?



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2ktEOBQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment