Saturday, December 31, 2016

I'm a Windows phone fan in an iPhone/Android world. Why? Microsoft has it going on!

I've been a fan of Windows on phone since Windows Mobile 5.0.

As a techie that enjoys the power, flexibility, and continuity of performing personal computing tasks on the go, Microsoft's Pocket PC vision appeals to me. Furthermore, I prefer Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform vision and the Live Tile UI above the competition's offerings.

Even with 1% share I'm all in with Windows phone.

So even with just 1% market share and an "Other" category ranking, I'm all-in on Windows phone. Not only because of what it is today, but also because of what I believe it will become.

With full Windows on ARM, the PC in our pockets is closer than ever. Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella's ultimate mobile device that can be a tablet, desktop PC, phone and more is coming into view as Microsoft's vision unfolds. If Microsoft pulls this off, it is going to be awesome!

Looking back at looking ahead

In January 2015, as the promise of Windows 10 inspired Windows phone fans everywhere, I mused on the possibility of a seven-inch Surface Mini phablet.

In January 2015 I envisioned a cellular-capable Surface PC.



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2iPyoeF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment