Friday, March 31, 2017

Why I (finally) left Windows 10 Mobile

I've been a part of the Microsoft mobile ecosystem for as long as I can remember. I have owned Windows phones since the first Windows Phone 7 device was released. I've stayed loyal to the platform for six and a half years, but unfortunately things changed. Here's why.

I've spent a good portion of my life using Microsoft's smartphone offerings. I fell in love with Windows Phone 7 and stayed loyal since it was released. The beautiful and modern interface blew me away with its futuristic approach, and the smoothness and speed of the OS were just unreal. This was in 2011 when Android was a slow, poorly-coded mess and iOS lacked many features considered standard. Windows Phone was the savior of smartphones for many. Unfortunately, it didn't end so well.

I have now given up my hope and I have left Windows 10 Mobile. Maybe not forever, but at least for a while. What pushed me to this decision? Unfortunately, Microsoft.

A look at the state of Windows Mobile

The current situation of Windows phones is rather sad. The almighty Lumia brand is dead and gone, flagship phones don't perform like they are supposed to, apps are leaving the store almost every week, and the list continues. People are leaving the platform at an alarming rate, and so are developers. That hasn't bothered me too much, though, because Windows 10 Mobile still had most of the apps I wanted, and every one that I needed. So what made me leave? The extremely poor user experience.



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2ogWm98
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment