Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Inside Xbox One review: A Lynchian puzzle platforming masterpiece

This past weekend, I played through Playdead's Limbo successor, Inside, in a single sitting. I just couldn't put it down.

Playdead's puzzle platformer, Limbo, took the world by storm back in 2010. It's bleak, neo-noir aesthetic and 'trial and death' approach to its gruesome side-scrolling physics puzzles made a lasting impression on many. Knowing that Playdead were working on a spiritual successor was enough to interest me.

I expected that Inside would at least be as good as Limbo for quality, rewarding gameplay, and untampered artistic integrity. I did not expect Inside to supersede Limbo, though. Playdead has ascended to another level.



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/295APbz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment