Friday, January 26, 2018

Microsoft Band 3 review: The best wearable Microsoft never released

We review the canceled Microsoft Band 3. And it's pretty great ... or it would have been.

The Microsoft Band 2 was an improvement in every way over the original Microsoft Band wearable. It featured a brand new design, a higher-resolution AMOLED display, a more comfortable fit on the wrist, and new features that made it a better fitness wearable. The Microsoft Band 2 wasn't perfect, however, and I was hopeful that with the next release of the Band, Microsoft would have nailed it.

So when news broke that Microsoft was shelving its Band devices, I was heartbroken. The Band 2 was a great wearable, almost perfect, in fact, but it needed a few more additions before I could consider it the best wearable available at the time. Alas, that third Microsoft Band never came. But that doesn't mean Microsoft wasn't working on one.

Luckily, I managed to get my hands on a Microsoft Band 3 prototype. It's a minor improvement over the Band 2, but it's those improvements that make it the best version of the Microsoft Band. I've been using it for over a week now, and this is my review.

Microsoft Band 2 and Band 3 tech specs



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2DSfa6v
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment