Friday, July 28, 2017

Surface Pro impressions from a recovering Mac addict

Windows Central's managing editor recently made the switch from the 15-inch MacBook Pro and macOS to the new Surface Pro and Windows 10. Here are his thoughts on the Surface, along with what he misses about that Mac.

For roughly the past six years, while I worked for a well-known enterprise technology site, and I was firmly seated on Apple's bandwagon. Today, I'm the managing editor of the best Windows blog in the whole damn world, and I'm wearing a Windows t-shirt. (Seriously, I love my Windows Central "Colors tee,", and I'm wearing it as I write this post.)

I recently made the switch from a 15-inch MacBook Pro (2016) to Surface Pro (2017), and I haven't looked back. But the transition wasn't always easy. Here's what I learned along the way, in the form of a list of things I like (love?) about the Surface Pro, along with some things I miss about the MacBook Pro.

See Surface Pro at Microsoft

(Note: While in some ways a comparison between the Surface Pro and iPad Pro makes more sense than a MacBook Pro comparison, I could never use the iPad Pro to replace my main work machine; it runs a mobile OS and is too limited. So in my case, the Surface Pro-MacBook comparison is more fitting.)



from Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone http://ift.tt/2tJInIq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment